Monday, September 7, 2009

Sterling Silver Dust

My lap is covered with sterling silver dust. Currently taking a break from working on an almost record number of ear wire orders that came in this weekend. Enough orders to pay for 1/2 of my plane ticket for my upcoming vacation! Woopie! A lot of work though. I've blogged before on just how much work ear wires are, for the little money that I charge. And it's been a while since I've had so many bulk orders.

I have to work on these orders in batches, otherwise I'll do damage to my hands which will last for a few days. It's the filing of the ends that creates all the silver dust! I wonder if it's harmful, and if I'm actually inhaling any of it. It certainly doesn't brush off of the clothes very well, tends to stick. I had a pair of pants that actually started to get a tarnished silver colored section, from all the filing that I was doing while wearing them.

I probably shouldn't be working over my lap anyway. I've temporarily moved my "studio" into the kitchen yet again. Better air flow when it's hot (my "studio" is a tiny spare bedroom that has the climate of an attic in the heat). AND the kitchen is closer to my computer and online pandora.com radio station that I am addicted to.

Can already feel my hands stiffening up. Time to package up two of the completed orders so that I can get them to the post office after work tomorrow!

1 comment:

Kat9kin said...

Gosh...just reading through my blog entries. I've REALLY got to post on here more often. I'll be more motivated if people comment/follow. I hate blabbing to empty space.