Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Will-O-Wisp Wire

For years I have been using the name "Original Beadwork by Kira" for my line of jewelry. I love the name. I registered it as a business, bought originalbeadwork.com, and had goals of setting up a fabulous website. I got as far as getting a spiffy logo made for me, and a web page design that I never fully used. As a name for jewelry, it is all encompassing, I can use it on all my styles of jewelry (stitchwork, stringing, wired).
However, my work at The Jewelry Cafe, which is the main place that I have been selling at, is entirely my wire line of jewelry. Original Beadwork no longer fits, as the focus is the wire, not the beads.
So I contacted my handy-dandy web designer/graphic artist friend.
Henceforth, my line of wire jewelry is going to be called "Will-O-Wisp Wire". What do you think? I LOVE it. My friend designed a gorgeous new logo for me, and there are plans in the making for a new website that I can more easily take care of than my old one.
Excitement!
Gosh, it means I have a lot of work to do. All of my tags for my creations say "Original Beadwork". I've got to print hundreds of new tags and change everything over. And my printer is broken (I print the tags myself). Speaking of which - I'd better got on it.

No comments: